Assembly: Bass.Net (in Bass.Net.dll) Version: 188.8.131.52
[DllImportAttribute("bass_vst")] public static bool BASS_VST_SetBypass( int vstHandle, bool state )
<DllImportAttribute("bass_vst">] Public Shared Function BASS_VST_SetBypass ( vstHandle As Integer, state As Boolean ) As Boolean
- Type: SystemInt32
The VST effect handle as returned by BASS_VST_ChannelSetDSP(Int32, String, BASSVSTDsp, Int32).
- Type: SystemBoolean
to bypasses the effect processing; to switch back to normal processing.
Return ValueType: Boolean
If successful, is returned, else is returned. Use BASS_ErrorGetCode to get the error code.
Note, that the bypassing is completely done by BASS_VST, we're not using the so-called "soft" bypass that is implemented by some effects. This is for the following reasons:
- Soft-bypassing is not supported by all effects
- The state of soft-bypassing cannot be queried safely
- Soft-bypassing would not be a real bypass as some channel transformations may still be needed
- Performance reasons - soft-bypassing would require still most of the needed BASS_VST transformations
- Finally, I do not see any advantages of the soft-bypassing
Soft bypassing is not supported in the BASS.NET API.